Salient Aspects Related to Language Packs in SharePoint 2013
Most SharePoint users would be aware about the language packs that are available. Whenever a SharePoint administrator creates a website or a site collection based on some language-specific site template, the text appearing on the website/site collection is displayed in the language of site template.
In this blog, we will discuss a few crucial aspects related to SharePoint 2013 language packs.
Some Quick Facts About Language Packs
SharePoint 2013 comes with a few set of language packs. Site owners and site collection administrators can deploy Language Packs for constructing SharePoint sites as well as site collections in diverse languages like Spanish, Turkish, Arabic and more.
Most importantly, separate installations of SharePoint server 2013 are not required at all for doing this.
Following are some crucial points related to language packs –
- Each language has a distinctive language identifier (ID). It’s this ID that determines the language deployed for displaying & interpreting the text on the site/site collection
- Despite specifying a language ID for a website, there are a few user interface elements that may not display the specified language. These elements include –
- Error messages
- Dialog boxes
- Language packs are usually available for worldwide deployments in following cases –
- Where a single server farm supports operators in different sites, or
- When sites and web pages must be copied in one or more languages
- As these packs are not pooled in form of multilingual installation packages, you will have to install the specific language pack for whatever language you want to support
Procedure to Install a Language Pack…
As per requirement, you can install language packs on web & application servers. Prior to doing the same, you need to install the essential language files on these servers.
For a server farm environment, if you need installing language packs for multi-language support then it’s a must for you to install the packs on both web and application server.
You need to follow steps given below for Language Pack installation –
1. Initially, ensure that the Setup user account is performing this procedure
2. Run setup.exe in the folder where language pack has been downloaded
3. Go to the License Terms page and click the checkbox saying “I accept the terms of this agreement”
4. Click Continue
5. The Setup wizard will start running to install the language pack
6. Use the default settings and run the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard again using following steps –
- Click Start and point to “All Programs”.
- Click “Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Products” and then “SharePoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard”.
- Click Next on the “Welcome to SharePoint Products” page
- Click “Yes” in the dialog box saying that “some services may have to be restarted during configuration”.
- Go to “Modify Server Farm Settings” page and click “Do not disconnect from this server farm”.Click Next
- If you see the “Modify SharePoint Central Administration Web Administration Settings” page simply click Next
- Once the “Completing the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard” is complete, click Next.
- Click Finish on Configuration Successful page
- Finally, deactivate and then again activate any features that are language-specific before using the new language pack.
- Julia is Techarex Network’s Content Marketing Associate for Intuit products. She has worked as a B2B and Marketing Strategist for the last seven years, helping businesses with software implementation for Customer Service, CRM, and Email Marketing. Julia thrives in helping companies find the right software solution for their projects. Aside from his obvious passion for Marketing, Julia admits to being a foodie and travel enthusiast.
- Microsoft Sharepoint2018.03.30How to Select the Best between SharePoint Server and SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Hosting2018.03.22Avoid SharePoint Compliance Risk by implementing a Robust Information Governance Plan
- Dedicated Hosting2018.03.20Guide to Selecting the Best between Office 365 Hosting and Hosted Exchange
- QuickBooks2018.03.07Boost Up Your Accounting Performance with Managed QuickBooks Support Services