How to Auto Refresh A Page In Microsoft SharePoint?
In this blog post, we will take into account all the steps for auto refreshing SharePoint Page. Typically, AJAX-based approach is considered more suitable in this regard. However, here we will discuss the quicker way of doing this with ease.
You can also deploy the Auto-Refresh Content Editor Web Part to create a dashboard that refreshes automatically as per a fixed schedule. For this, you need to follow steps mentioned below –
1. Go to the corresponding page and edit it. Ensure that you have the necessary rights & permissions for the same.
2. Add the Web Part to your page
3. Go to “Media and Content” Category > Content Editor Web Part and select the suitable option from the dropdown for “Add Web Part to“. In our case, we have chosen “Header”
4. Select “Edit Web Part” from drop down
5. Update following settings –
● Select “Refresh the Web Page” for Title
● Select “None” as the Chrome Type
6. Click OK
7. Next, click section “Refresh the Web Page” to add script to the webpage. You will see a cursor in the content area
8. In the content area, go to Editing Tools > Format Text and choose “Edit HTML Source” from the HTML dropdown
By using this script, your page will reload in every 30 seconds.
Repeated Automatic Refresh Issue in SharePoint…
Let’s also take into account a typical scenario related to automatic refreshing in SharePoint. While working with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 Web page, you may come across a scenario when a Web Part configured for refreshing automatically does not stop refreshing.
So, what’s the reason behind such unusual behavior? SharePoint experts confirm that the problem arises due to non-processing of JScript code for automatic refresh.
Let’s take a look at the steps you need to follow to avoid this problem –
● In Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010, open the page containing virtual List Web Part
● Click “Edit file” and then the Web Part
● Click the “Asynchronous Update check box” available on Options tab
● Select an interval from the “Refresh Interval drop-down list”
● Save the settings
So this was how you can auto refresh a SharePoint Page, for more tips and advice on SharePoint bookmark our blog and subscribe to our blog posts.
- QuickBooks2016.07.01QuickBooks 2016 : How to Select the Industry Type and Accounts
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.30Microsoft’s SharePoint 2016: Awesome New Features Added For It’s Users
- QuickBooks2016.06.27How To Search and Edit Customers Records In QuickBooks 2016
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.22Microsoft Announces Release Of iOS App For SharePoint