How To Optimally Deploy The Calendar Feature In SharePoint?
Organizing tasks according to a fixed schedule is a tedious task for most organizations; however, with SharePoint Calendars, the task becomes fairly simplified and systematic.
You need to know the correct way to use the calendar feature in SharePoint that involves creating the calendar, accessing it and adding events as required.
In this blog post, we will consider the systematic procedure to follow while working with SharePoint calendars.
About SharePoint Calendar
A calendar in SharePoint site can be considered more or less like a whiteboard calendar that is placed in a hallway.
Just like anyone who has access to the public space (hallway), can access the calendar, similarly anyone having access to the SharePoint site can access the calendar as and when required.
So, users having access to the calendar in SharePoint can update it accordingly with project deadlines, vacation schedules, birthdays and more depending on the requirement.
Accessing a SharePoint Calendar
If you want to access an existing SharePoint site calendar, the same can be done via Quick Launch. All you need doing is to go to Quick Launch > Lists > Calendar.
However, if you have just started and are yet to create a new calendar then that’s easy too.
We will discuss the steps to create a new SharePoint calendar in the next section.
Creating a SharePoint Calendar
You will find creating a calendar in SharePoint fairly simple by following the step-by-step procedure given below –
- At the home page of your SharePoint site, go to Quick Launch > Site Contents
- On the Site Contents page, go to “Lists, Libraries, and other Apps” option and click “Add an app”.
- Click Calendar in the “Add an app” page
- Assign a name to the calendar and click ‘create’ to finally create the calendar
Adding an Event to a New SharePoint Calendar
Once the calendar is successfully created, you can add event to SharePoint calendar as per requirement. Following steps will guide you through the process to follow –
1. Go to “Site Content” page and click the newly created calendar
2. Click “Events” displaying at the top of the page. You will see the events ribbon expanded.
3. Click “New Event” on the ribbon and enter the following fields in the new item window –
- Start time
- End time
To know more about SharePoint Hosting, call : 1-855-909-3300
4. Finally, click ‘Save’ to save the event
To learn more useful tips on How to Use SharePoint Hosting/Sharepoint, please bookmark our blog or subscribe to our e-mail list.
- Julia is Techarex Network’s Content Marketing Associate for Intuit products. She has worked as a B2B and Marketing Strategist for the last seven years, helping businesses with software implementation for Customer Service, CRM, and Email Marketing. Julia thrives in helping companies find the right software solution for their projects. Aside from his obvious passion for Marketing, Julia admits to being a foodie and travel enthusiast.
- Microsoft Sharepoint2018.03.30How to Select the Best between SharePoint Server and SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Hosting2018.03.22Avoid SharePoint Compliance Risk by implementing a Robust Information Governance Plan
- Dedicated Hosting2018.03.20Guide to Selecting the Best between Office 365 Hosting and Hosted Exchange
- QuickBooks2018.03.07Boost Up Your Accounting Performance with Managed QuickBooks Support Services