How to Hide NewsFeed, SkyDrive & Sites in SharePoint 2013
There are several things in a SharePoint account that users wish to keep private and hidden from others. It can be highly confidential or some sensitive information. There comes a need for a tool that can hide selected information or data from other members on the cloud. SharePoint 2013 provides a feature with which users can disable or hide Newsfeed, Skydrive and DeltaSuiteLink.
Follow the steps given below to hide a Newsfeed, Skydrive and DeltaSuiteLink in SharePoint 2013:
- Open SharePoint Designer 2013.
- Click on the option Open Site.
- A window will appear on the screen. Fill in the SharePoint URL in the Site name column.
- Click Open.
- A drop down with Navigation head will appear. Click on Master Pages.
- Click to the right of seattle.master. It will be highlighted.
- Click on the option, “Copy”.
- Deselect seattle.master by clicking below the last item on the page.
- Click on the option, “Paste”. This is how a copy of the master page is created.
- Click on the newly created master page.
- In the customization menu, there will be an option, Edit file. Select it.
- Go to line 87. Delete the following text:
<SharePoint:DelegateControl id=”ID_SuiteLinksDelegate” ControlId=”SuiteLinksDelegate” runat=”server” />
- Click the save icon.
- There will be a pop-up stating a warning, click Yes.
- Under Site Objects menu, click Master Pages.
- Find the master page that you were editing. Click to the right of the page name. It will be highlighted.
- Click on Set as Custom.
- Click Set as Default.
Visit the main website. The changes will be visible on the site.
Further, you can add this master page solution to a subsite if the below given simple steps are followed.
- In the SharePoint Designer 2013, copy the seattle_copy(1).master page.
- Select File.
- Click Sites.
- Click Open Site.
- Fill in the URL of your subsite.
- Click Open.
- Under Site Objects menu, select Master Pages.
- Right click anywhere in the middle open space and click on “Paste” option.
- Right click on the newly pasted master page seattle_copy(1).master.
- Select the option, “Set as Default Master Page”.
- Right Click the seattle_copy(1).master page again.
- Select the option, “Set as Custom Master Page”.
Following this step-by-step process, the custom master page will be applied to the subsite. Similarly, various other SharePoint features allow simplifying of your work.
- QuickBooks2016.07.01QuickBooks 2016 : How to Select the Industry Type and Accounts
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.30Microsoft’s SharePoint 2016: Awesome New Features Added For It’s Users
- QuickBooks2016.06.27How To Search and Edit Customers Records In QuickBooks 2016
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.22Microsoft Announces Release Of iOS App For SharePoint