How To Add\Upload\Embed Videos To SharePoint 2013 Page
Admin of a SharePoint can make their SharePoint 2013 page more user-friendly by adding a video to it. It will not only enhance the value of the content on your SharePoint 2013 page, but will also increase the time visitors spend on your page.
So, add a video in sharepoint 2013 page following different processes. There is an option of using a Script editor WebPart or the old Content editor to add a video to a SharePoint 2013 video library.
For adding a video to a SharePoint 2013 page, following processes are essential:
- A process to create a video or assets library on SharePoint 2013.
- A process to add videos to the library created in the above process.
- A process to upload or add or embed a video to SharePoint 2013 site page.
How to Create a Video or Assets Library
- Go to the Site Contents. Click on “add an app” option.
- Select the option, “Asserts Library”. Name the library as per your wish. It is suggested to give a name that is relevant for a video library.
- Open the new library created.
How to Upload Videos to Asserts library
- Select the option, “new Item”.
- The video can be uploaded now to the library.
- Go to the edit properties page of the Video item. There will be an option, “Change thumbnail”. This step is to be followed when you wish to upload a video on the SharePoint page from a system.
- Change the Thumbnail.
The video will be uploaded on your SharePoint 2013 page.
A different process is to be followed in case you wish to add video using an embedded link from video-sharing websites, like YouTube. Below are the steps to be followed to embed a video from YouTube.
- Find the embed code from YouTube (or whatever the source site for the video is) for the media file which you will be adding to your page.
- Click on the Insert tab from the Ribbon section. Click on “Video and Audio” option.
- In the drop down menu, there will be an option, “Embed”. Click on it.
- The embedded code is to be pasted into the column that appears on the screen.
- Click on “Insert”.
The video for which you had embedded the link will be inserted in the SharePoint 2013 page. Following similar steps admins of the SharePoint 2013 page can add or embed or upload more videos to the page.
To know more about SharePoint Hosting, call : 1-855-909-3300
- QuickBooks2016.07.01QuickBooks 2016 : How to Select the Industry Type and Accounts
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.30Microsoft’s SharePoint 2016: Awesome New Features Added For It’s Users
- QuickBooks2016.06.27How To Search and Edit Customers Records In QuickBooks 2016
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.22Microsoft Announces Release Of iOS App For SharePoint