How to add a YouTube video in Sharepoint 2013
Microsoft in the latest edition of SharePoint, SharePoint 2013, has given another feature to the admin. Admins holding an account on SharePoint 2013 can now easily insert an iframe element into an HTML field like Content Editor Webpat on a page.
With the help of this feature, dynamic content from different sites can be added to a SharePoint site page. This includes videos as well as map directions. So, now all the users of SharePoint 2013 can add YouTube videos to their SharePoint pages following easy steps.
However, the user or the admin adding the video must make sure that the external domains, if any, are included in iframe, then it must be one of the approved domains as per the “HTML Field Security”.
As per the default settings, some long existing and credible external domains earn a place in the list of approved external domains. These domains can be used in the iframes.
The field security settings can be customized by the administrators of the Site collection. It can be done easily by making modifications in the list of default permitted external domains.
All kinds of queries related to the process of addition of a YouTube video in SharePoint 2013 will be resolved if you follow the process properly. Here we have in detail explanation for how to add YouTube video in sharepoint 2013.
- Go to Site Settings options. Then go to HTML Field Security.
- Check if the list of approved external domains includes the domain “Youtube.com” or not.
- Go to the video on the YouTube that you wish to add in your SharePoint 2013.
- Click on the Share option.
- Select Embed option.
- Copy the embedded code.
- Add a Content editor webpart on a page.
- Select the option “Edit Source”. This option appears in the “Format Text” tab in Ribbon drop down.
- Add the following in the Source.
<iframe width=”420″ height=”315″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/hyRLzUVw4Vw” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Click OK.
Following the above mentioned steps, you will be able to stream videos in SharePoint 2013 video library.
Adding a video to your SharePoint page surely gives it a more appealing look. It becomes more engaging for the users visiting your SharePoint page or site. So, make your business on SharePoint have better audience and customers and moreover to derive maximum benefits from this platform, go for SharePoint Cloud hosting. It may lead to the growth of your business. However, the selection of the video and its placement on the SharePoint 2013 page must be highly relevant to the SharePoint site.
- QuickBooks2016.07.01QuickBooks 2016 : How to Select the Industry Type and Accounts
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.30Microsoft’s SharePoint 2016: Awesome New Features Added For It’s Users
- QuickBooks2016.06.27How To Search and Edit Customers Records In QuickBooks 2016
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.22Microsoft Announces Release Of iOS App For SharePoint