Configuring SharePoint 2013 for Fiddler
If you want to perform a quick modification to your website then SharePoint designer can help you out. For instance, helpful in creating a data view web part. If a user has to work with XSLT and create own templates, then it is useful to get an idea the returned SOAP message. This is not possible with SharePoint designer and to retrieve the actual result you need to use Fiddler. Using this, you can log all the requests between computer and site you are working on. So, here is an idea about you about what actually Fiddler is?
Fiddler is a web debugging proxy, which logs all HTTP traffic between computer and the internet. The solution allows you to inspect the traffic, set breakpoints and handle incoming and outgoing data. It also includes event based scripting subsystem and you can even extend it by using .NET language.
Now how to configure SharePoint to trust traffic from fiddler? Here are the steps:
When you will open Fiddler, you will get a window as shown below:
- Fiddler > Tools > Fiddler Options > HTTPS [tab]
- Check Capture HTTPS Traffic.
- Check Decrypt HTTPS Traffic.
- Click the button Export Root Certificate to Desktop and then click Yes to confirm.
By using this, you can even debug the custom workflows created for SharePoint Server 2013. Some other debugging options are also available depending on the tool used to create the workflow and deployment type like on-premises and Office 365.
There are four workflow debugging techniques that can be leveraged:
- Logging to the workflow history list
- Setting breakpoints
- Sending debug messages to the console
- Monitoring traffic between SharePoint and Workflow Manager with Fiddler
Each of these has some own advantages and disadvantages. Also, helpful in understanding the possible options by using two workflow authoring tools along with type of deployment. Besides this, other debugging option is writing log messages to the workflow history list. After using this, you can either use Log to History list action installed in SharePoint Designer.
- QuickBooks2016.07.01QuickBooks 2016 : How to Select the Industry Type and Accounts
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.30Microsoft’s SharePoint 2016: Awesome New Features Added For It’s Users
- QuickBooks2016.06.27How To Search and Edit Customers Records In QuickBooks 2016
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.22Microsoft Announces Release Of iOS App For SharePoint