Adding Users to SharePoint – Easy Steps
Windows SharePoint Services offer the most essential functionality. It allows the customers use Versioning and Check-in/Checkout functionality. Also, it can be extended through the use of the applets to add further collaborative functions such as email alerts and shared calendars. Other than the Windows SharePoint Services (WSS), there are Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) and Microsoft Search Server, each of which brings their own functionality to the table and builds.
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) stands at the top of Windows SharePoint Services. It adds extra qualities for the end-user to communicate with the depository. All the data is stored in a SQL Database. WSS provide this data to the user a wide range of different modules. Also, they use Webparts for interaction in different business scenarios.
This also includes diverse applications as Partnership, Document management, Records management, Workflow, Personalization, new intricate metadata models and blogs. By following the below mentioned steps, you can know how to add users to SharePoint.
- Start adding users to a SharePoint group or directly to the site.
- Once it is done, click on Site Settings which resides under the Site Actions menu.
- Now click on People and groups, you will find this under Site Settings page, in the Users and Permissions column.
- On this page, you need to Select Groups.
- On the People and Groups: All Groups page, in the Group column, click the link for the SharePoint group to which you wish to add users.
- On the same page: Group Name page, on the new menu, click Add Users.
- Under the Add Users section, you need to use the Browse button to select the users you wish to add to this SharePoint group. Or else, you can also type the user names, Windows domain group names, or e-mail addresses, separated by semicolons that you wish to add to this SharePoint group.
- Under the confirmation section, choose a SharePoint group from the Add users to a SharePoint group list or select Give user’s permission directly. You can select the permission level you want to allocate to this group.
- Finally, click ‘OK’.
While following this process, on a site for which the Site Actions menu is customized, keep in mind to point to Site Settings, and then click the settings that you wish to view. Also remember that adding permission directly involve the users to visit the site, rather than to a SharePoint group.
- QuickBooks2016.07.01QuickBooks 2016 : How to Select the Industry Type and Accounts
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.30Microsoft’s SharePoint 2016: Awesome New Features Added For It’s Users
- QuickBooks2016.06.27How To Search and Edit Customers Records In QuickBooks 2016
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.22Microsoft Announces Release Of iOS App For SharePoint