Add Items And Update Multiple Items In SharePoint 2013 Datasheet View
Have you checked SharePoint 2013? The new DataSheet View comes loaded with tons of awesome new features such as adding items dynamically, Viewing Items Properties from the DatasheetView, features to update multiple Items and so much more. The Datasheet View in SharePoint 2013 is considered more as a view for multiple editing of items. In the Custom list, users will have option to edit Items, which would open the list in the datasheet view for editing. But users will have to create the Datasheet view in the document libraries.
Following are some SharePoint 2013 Datasheet View new features –
Adding New Item
- In the SharePoint 2013 Datasheet View, there are two ways to add an item to a list. Users will have the option to add single item in a list view, or multiple items in spreadsheet view.
- Add a single item in list view by navigating to the site with the list on which you want to add an item.
- Click on Settings SharePoint Online Public Website Settings button > Site contents, in the list section, choose the name of the list.
- Select Settings SharePoint Online Public Website Settings button > Site contents, and then in the appropriate list section, select the name of the list.
- Choose the items tab and select new item in the new group.
- Type the information you require for the list.
- You can attach a file to the list item on the Edit tab, in the Action group, choose attach file, browse to locate the file you want to attach and click ok.
Adding multiple items in SharePoint 2013 Datasheet View
- Move to the site where you want to add an item.
- Choose Settings SharePoint Online Public Website Settings button, click Site contents and select the name of the link in the list section.
- On the top of the list, select edit. Type the information for the list.
- Select Stop editing this list
- If you want to remove some information, click the ellipsis, next to the item and select Delete Item from the drop-down menu.
While adding multiple items in SharePoint 2013 Datasheet View, users can switch easily from list view to spreadsheet view by just selecting the View and Quick Edit commands respectively.
- QuickBooks2016.07.01QuickBooks 2016 : How to Select the Industry Type and Accounts
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.30Microsoft’s SharePoint 2016: Awesome New Features Added For It’s Users
- QuickBooks2016.06.27How To Search and Edit Customers Records In QuickBooks 2016
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.22Microsoft Announces Release Of iOS App For SharePoint