4 Easy Tips to Keep your Magento Store Safe & Secure from Malicious Threats
One of the most popular e-commerce storefront software, Magento attracts a lot of cyber criminals. There have been cases where hackers have tried to steal personal customer data, misuse credit cards or even tried to steal someone’s data.
Apart from that, there have been many cases of Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks. So, the big question that arises for all Magento store owners is that if there store is actually secure enough?
Though Magento platform has a relatively secure system and is frequently patched, you too can make amends to make sure that your Magento store is as secure as possible. Here are some ways of ensuring enhanced security for your Magento store.
Keep Your Magento Software Updated
Updating the Magento software can be annoying but it should be done in order to keep your store secure.
This is because new weaknesses and ‘exploits’ are being discovered on a daily basis by hackers and the Magento Development team is responsible to promptly make sure that every new threat is being patched up.
To make sure that no hacker is able to use these threats as a way of creating a ruckus for your website, ensure that your Magento store runs on the updated version.
Maintain Regular Backups
There have been cases where some hackers have got into a Magento website and deleted all of its data.
Now this can be a problem for the website as its users won’t be able to get any data from it.
In order to make sure that nothing of that sort happens to your Magento website, keep a regular backup of your website’s data. If any data of your website gets deleted then you can use the backup to get the same back.
Use Updated Antivirus Software
Trojans are still used by hackers in order to steal data or delete it from the system. These software programs can steal your account and password to get into the website.
The best way to avoid such problems is to use updated antivirus software.
Implement a Strong Password Policy
It won’t be a surprise if you get to know that it’s quite easy for hackers to gain access of your passwords using a password cracking software.
However, you can easily save your website and password by making your password too complex that cracking it becomes a hard task, even with software.
Go to Admin Panel, then select System and then select My Account. Now you can change your password while keeping following points in mind –
- It must be 10 characters long
- It should have 2 alphabetic letters
- The letters must be upper case and lower case
- It must have 2 numerical digits
- It should have special character like ^ & *
- Avoid using common words
By following these easy-to-follow tips, you can easily make your Magento store safe from the reach of hackers.
- Julia is Techarex Network’s Content Marketing Associate for Intuit products. She has worked as a B2B and Marketing Strategist for the last seven years, helping businesses with software implementation for Customer Service, CRM, and Email Marketing. Julia thrives in helping companies find the right software solution for their projects. Aside from his obvious passion for Marketing, Julia admits to being a foodie and travel enthusiast.
- SharePoint Hosting2018.02.20How to select the best between Cloud-based SharePoint and On-Premise SharePoint?
- MS Office2018.02.19Top 7 Reasons for SMBs to Get Managed Microsoft Office 365 Services
- QuickBooks2017.12.04Understanding the Nitty-Gritty of Collaborative Accounting
- QuickBooks2017.11.30Key Considerations Before You Convert Your Existing Company File for QuickBooks 2018