Adopting Multi-Cloud Model Is Significant To Meet The Future Organizational Needs
Cloud computing has proactively taken a step ahead from whiteboards and the to-do-list of several IT corporate and has applied into their production environments, catalyzing new revenue-driving infrastructure and business applications.
For any organization which has significant issues with in-house IT management, support, agility and cost, the cloud is the best platform solution.
But the moot question here is “Is one cloud service is sufficient to meet all the requirements of an enterprise?
For a team that is consuming cloud for exchanging complex data and working together on workloads has very distinguishing needs than a group which desires the processing power of the Cloud for giant data projects. However, there are several other organizations who want their cloud services optimized for products like office 365 or may be Exchange.
Actually, such organization needs a multi-cloud computing strategy. A multi-cloud helps an enterprise to focus on each respective cloud solution for filling its distinguishing needs.
The cloud usage within the organization and its impact on IT organizations and businesses at large includes 3 main observations:
• The enterprise using the cloud continues to grow. Eighty-four percent of the enterprises declared that their cloud use has elevated in the past year. Half of enterprises purported that they are going to use the cloud for at least 75 percent of their workloads by 2018.
• Cloud supports sensitive mission critical workloads. Eighty-seven percent of enterprises mainly use the cloud for sensitive mission critical workloads.
• No “ONE” cloud fits all. Generally, more than half (53 percent) of enterprises use two to four cloud providers. 26 percent of respondents use more than 10 cloud providers. Enterprises are embracing a multi-cloud strategy in a speedy way.
As advancements in technology continue to reduce the barrier of entry into the cloud market and narrow the price variation among public and private cloud, more and more organizations will adopt hybrid cloud solutions. As per the Verizon report, nearly 50 percent of enterprises presently use a mix of public cloud, private cloud, and conventional IT resources; and 48 percent have workload portability throughout public and private cloud resources.
Further, as businesses are becoming more global, the requirement for enterprise-level hybrid cloud solutions will only raise further. This might cause an industry route toward a cloud-agnostic, global Managed Service Provider (MSP) business model .
Fortunately, we saw this deviation coming and, in addition to our hosted private cloud solutions. Customers need assurance that their IT services provider can handle an entire scope of platforms, irrespective of whether they want a public, private, or a mix of hybrid cloud environments across AWS, VMware, Microsoft Azure, etc.
With a cloud-agnostic MSP, IT leaders can be confident of their IT partner is continuously searching for and determining the best technologies across a range of providers at any given point of time.
It is very evident and clear that this type of client-centric, solution-focused MSP model is the future of the cloud computing. The strategy of multi-cloud is fulfilling customized cloud needs of the organization.
A multi-cloud offers a mix of many other cloud services, for instance, a multi-cloud can be inclusive of more than one a private PaaS, public IaaS, on-demand scalability from public cloud hosting and security and control from private cloud hosting. It is more complicated than a hybrid cloud that is simply a combination of the private and public cloud .
The increasing demands of business are the driving force behind the inception of multi- cloud computing structure. It is being evolved and adopted by several enterprises to address their dynamic needs, however, the preference is that one cloud service provider must be able to offer and manage cloud services from distinguishing vendors.
Respondents from a research on multi-cloud understood the significance of having distinguished cloud services however they were not willing to deal with the hassles of juggling hosts i.e. a single provider must be capable of providing hosting solutions and services for all vendors used by the client.
As per the report, 82 % of the enterprise is mainly using multi-cloud model of cloud computing.
The suitability of multi-cloud totally depends upon the “things that business needs and the things that MSP can offer”. Let’s explore some significant advantages of adopting a multi-cloud model.
1. Reduce Cost
The most required solution today is cost optimizing solutions. It is like the cherry on the top in case you associate with a cloud provider who is serving multi-cloud solutions, so rather than running from post to pillars you can tailor your IT needs at one place by getting proper guidance from your vendor.
Multi-cloud permits you to keep few applications on premise and others on more than one public cloud. You are allowed to analyze several considerations like security, cost optimization and performance of every cloud service provider. For instance, you can select to adopt infrastructure as a service model from more than single service provider which will help you in protecting and securing data backup and recovery solutions.
3. Performing comparison of different packages and service provided
With the multi-cloud, you get an opportunity to select or compare services of different cloud providers. Various cloud hosting providers provision distinguishes platforms and proposes dynamic packages of abilities. What Microsoft Azure provides in its cloud can be quite different from what’s on offer in AWS. Therefore, as an ideal customer, you must also weigh the suitability of every cloud and choose according to your business requirements.
4. Simple easy migration among clouds
By adopting multi-cloud strategy from a single vendor which deals in all cloud services, you can simply migrate your applications and data across clouds as and
when needed and that too by optimizing cost. The factors for such migration might be:
• Dissatisfaction with the present cloud service.
• Better packages provided by fee other cloud service provider.
• Altering needs of the businesses.
5. Risk Management
Diversification of Risk management is considered as one of the best practices to mitigate the risk. In multi-cloud, by hosting your applications on distinguished cloud platforms you can minimize the chances of complete application fail over at the time of any disruption and service outage.
So what in case the multi-cloud is the future of your enterprise?
If multi-cloud option is what your enterprise needs at present, then it’s time to look at cloud solutions by ZNetLive. With us, you get several cloud solutions from all the who’s who in the cloud industry- Microsoft, Google Compute Engine, Amazon Web Services, SoftLayer, DigitalOcean, are few names. While we offer devise, manage and handle the complications of your multi-cloud solution, you are allowed to manage your apps whether e-commerce, middleware, CMS, database or more.
Our multi-cloud strategy provides you the freedom to choose your favorite data services from your one stop multi-cloud service provider: Techarex Networks, in order to create a customized solution which best answers your organizational business needs.
The above-listed benefits of multi-cloud deployment model mentor you towards understanding the advantages of multi-cloud and its scope in the future market.
- Julia is Techarex Network’s Content Marketing Associate for Intuit products. She has worked as a B2B and Marketing Strategist for the last seven years, helping businesses with software implementation for Customer Service, CRM, and Email Marketing. Julia thrives in helping companies find the right software solution for their projects. Aside from his obvious passion for Marketing, Julia admits to being a foodie and travel enthusiast.
- Quickbooks Hosting2017.11.205 Questions that Needs to be Answered Before Moving to QuickBooks Hosting
- QuickBooks2017.11.17How QuickBooks Premier Hosting is Helping Small Businesses
- Quickbooks Hosting2017.11.13How IT Downtime Affects Your QuickBooks Experience and How to Avoid It
- Accounting Solution2017.11.097 Top Secrets of Successful Accounting Firms