Some Key Fundamentals for Infrastructure Automation of your company
The process of Infrastructure automation meant for scripting environments involves several steps, such as an operating system installation, installation and configuration of servers on instance, configuration of systems for software to communicate with others on the network.
It is also called as configuration management, provisioning, IT management, system configuration management and scripted infrastructures. It is basically a way of drafting infrastructure as well as the configuration in the form of a script.
To go right on Infrastructure automation, it is essential that some company infrastructure automation principles are followed. Below are some of the fundamentals which you must take into consideration while taking the Infrastructure automation approach:
- Before one begins the process of company infrastructure automation, it is required that one reads the present set of scripts and analyzes the state of infrastructure automation currently working. There must be an end-state vision built up ahead. Thereon, you can formulate plain, straight forward and descriptive designing format and line of action.
- For infrastructure automation, there must be an iterative implementation model that stands sound for certain number of years. The drafted model for the script must be compatible with the changes in the technology. Also, it must incorporate possible changes in the business requirements and goals.
- The business-value must be formulated in order to secure stakeholder buy-in. With enhanced automation, responsiveness at scale improves.
Today, to conduct infrastructure automation, there are numerous tools available.
The tool is selected for a business on the basis of the model as well as infrastructure objectives. Some of the most commonly used tools have been listed below:
- Chef: Based on ruby configuration management tool, Chef involves coding of infrastructure in Domain Specific Language (DSL). All the physical apparatus is fixed by Chef and then configured. All the servers are managed by an agent. From the chef master server, all the cookbooks will be pulled by the agent. The configurations are then run on the server.
- Puppet: It is another configuration management tool based on ruby. Puppet DSL is used to write the configuration code and then wrapped in modules. On all the servers, a puppet agent is run by Puppet. The compiled module is then pulled from the puppet server. Further, the software packages that are essential are installed by the agent.
With these basic principles and tools, a team designated for infrastructure automation will not go wrong in designing the scripting environment for a company.
- QuickBooks2016.07.01QuickBooks 2016 : How to Select the Industry Type and Accounts
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.30Microsoft’s SharePoint 2016: Awesome New Features Added For It’s Users
- QuickBooks2016.06.27How To Search and Edit Customers Records In QuickBooks 2016
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.22Microsoft Announces Release Of iOS App For SharePoint